Thursday 7 November 2013

RATS, ROACHES....AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!



I hate cockroaches! I hate rats more! I hate lizards even more! They are so annoying. I could never completely describe the magnitude of dislike I have for these creatures. In today’s holy word,

it is evident that God has given us the power to overcome these creatures but mehn.. the way I fear them ehn, it’s a serious matter. I can’t wait for the day that this scripture would be made manifest in my life. Mumsy says when I have children the fear will automatically disappear but that’s an awfully long time to wait. I want the fear to go now now.
          The other day I was in the Loo, taking my time to do what people do in the loo..hehe. To show that I was really taking my time, I had my PC with me. I was trying to surf the web as usual to see where I can copy and paste things from. Nothing was on my mind except for what I was doing, my eyes were intently fixed on my screen because I had to get something asap before it would trip off.
So, you can imagine my shock when I raised up my eyes for one second and saw this rat sprinting towards me. There was no time to think, before I could realize myself, my PC had found its place on the ground, my legs were mid-air, my hands were scrambling about looking for what to hold on to, it was like I was lit on fire. In fact I don’t think I have ever screamed as loudly as I did that day. If I had fallen just 2 inches deeper, my ass would have been decorated by *you know what*. Disgusting right? But that’s what a good-for –nothing rat could do to me, and I was totally helpless.  There are indeed very few things more frightening than a sprinting rodent.I  felt soo bad, I was furious. But even with all that fury I still wasn’t courageous enough to pounce on the stupid little thing, not that i would have succeeded anyway. the package of annoyance had already made its way, it was long gone before i could even organise myself. They do so many mean things to make staying at home hell for me. I don't even want to get started on the amount of destruction they do to our cereal boxes which have gradually become their amusement park, or the waste bin, their cinema.
Its so frustrating. What is even more frustrating is their resistance to 'otapiapia'. The thing doesn't catch them at all, in fact from all indications, after ingesting the poison, they shake it off and continue their normal routine. The other glue-board used to work until they got smarter. i have literally seen a mouse long-jump over the carefully baited board. As if it knew i was watching, after jumping, it looked towards my direction for a split second with this evil grin as if to say "stop trying miss, we're way ahead of you" and then continued running. I was in awe, literally. 
            Roaches on the other hand are something else. Although, if I had to pick between a roach and a rat, i'll probably opt for the roach...yeah, shoot me. The reason is simple, I believe roaches are easier to eliminate. All you need is a good insecticide (I use Baygon) and the are gone. Works like magic everytime. Rats on the other hand can linger for so long and just make you look like a fool when you try to eliminate them. But besides the comparison, there's so much about roaches that gives me the chills. They lay their eggs everywhere, they always scurry about in the dark and in hidden crevices, they have a way of invading my personal space, the stench is terrible, not to talk of the white slimy thing that comes out when squished. What's there not to hate?
         As for lizards, they have my ultimate hatred. I detest these creatures with every bit of my existence.  I can't exactly say where this phobia emerged from but its been there all my life. In fact, i'm traumatized by them, can't stay in the same space with a lizard. A lizard is ugly enough to watch when static, on the wall. Its even worse to actually watch them move. I hate how they crawl, hell! i even hate a dead lizard. And the fact that they are so many in the world makes me want to ...ugh...eat my fingers. I even heard that they fall on peoples heads atimes...yikes! Can't even imagine it.
         In short, i"m just not a fan of creepy, crawling things. Heck! i'm not a fan of animals except horses of course. Wish they were all extinct, life would have been so much better.


3 comments:

  1. Thank God. i tot i was the only one who hated lizards, i utterly disgusted by them. Very ugly indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL..... you eh. these creatures don't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, they hurt o, they really do.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop your comments here...

ShareThis